Zithromax for an Ear Infection
Zithromax (Azithromycin) which is commonly prescribed as an antibiotic that helps to fights against bacteria and cures any bacterial diseases and infections such as respiratory infection, skin and ear infections and other sexually transmitted diseases. the drug cannot be used for the treatment of the viral infection such as common cold or any type of flu.
Warning Before Using Zithromax
- Never consume this drug in case you have suffered from Jaundice or any other liver issues due to consumption of azithromycin;
- Moreover, the antibiotic should not be consumed in case the patient is allergic to drugs like clarithromycin, telithromycin, and erythromycin or any similar medicines;
- To ensure that the consumption of this medicine is safe, the patient is ought to clearly state the doctor regarding the previous liver diseases suffered, kidney problems, myasthenia gravis, heart disorders and any records in Long QT syndrome;
- In case the lady is pregnant, convey it to the doctor. Moreover, the antibiotic is not ought to create any negative impact on the health of an unborn baby. In the case of a nursing baby, to inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding your baby;
- Lastly, the medicine shouldn’t be consumed by the child younger than 6 months of age.
Side Effects of Zithromax
- The immediate side effect of this drug is the allergic reaction which might be swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat along with difficulty in breathing. It might also lead to a severe stomach pain or diarrhea;
- Another negative impact created by this antibiotic is head-ache, chest pain, instant fainting, severe dizziness, excessive pounding heartbeat;
- Liver issues are the popular side effects of Zithromax which generally includes nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, differently colored stool, skin and eyes colored turning to yellow, Jaundice etc;
- Skin infection and reactions are another side effect of this drug;
- Fever, sore throat, eyes burning, purple or red colored skin color, blisters, and peeling of skin are other few side effects of the remedy when consumed wrongly.
Moreover, this list of side effect is incomplete, therefore it is suggested to connect with the doctor or medical advisor for better and complete information. Any different side effect can be reported to FDA at respective toll-free numbers.
Below there is a video with side effects of Zithromax detailed explanation:
How To Take Zithromax Correctly?
- First and the foremost note regarding consumption of Zithromax for an ear infection or any other infection is that it should be prescribed only by a doctor;
- Next, is follow the prescription guidelines honestly. The consumption of this drug should not be more or less than the quantity recommended on the prescription label. It is also an important point of consideration that every type of infection has different dose and period of treatment;
- Using this antibiotic for an ear infection or any other infection without or with food are valid but has to clearly justify by a doctor;
- Before taking the drug, shake the oral suspension or the liquid properly for appropriate measurement of the dose. Always use a Dosing syringe provided to measure the liquid. In case the measuring syringe is unavailable, you can use an authorized dose-measuring device, for example, a spoon or a medicine cup which is generally available at the pharmacy store;
- Another important note for consideration is that the medicine should be consumed for the complete prescribe period of treatment. It might happen that the symptoms of the infection get vanished but the infection or the causing bacteria is still persisting. Moreover, the skip of the dose might turn out to be harmful and also create a resistant to the antibiotics;
- In case you miss your dose, you may take it as soon as you remember it. Avoid consumption of any extra doses to make up for the previously missed one;
- In case of consumption of overdose, it is highly recommended to seek for an emergency medical service or call for poison help at 1-800-222-1222 or any other local number.
The drug can be stored at room temperature but away from any type of external moisture and heat. It is also advisable that the liquid of the drug should be disposed after 10 days.
Lastly, Zithromax can act as a catalyst for the sunburn on exposure to sunlight or any tanning beds. Hence, wear sufficient clothing or use appropriate sunscreen with SPF 30 when outdoors.
Be careful and stay healthy!