Levitra Side Effects
Levitra side effects are rare but should be noted. As a rule, they are temporary and disappear with continued use of this drug.
[ithshop code=”levitra” tpl=”short” page_id=”2191″ dummy=”txt”]
My Canadian Pharmacy distinguishes between the drug side effects according to the frequency of occurrence at recommended doses. There were reported some adverse reactions after the preparation intake (according to the terminology adopted by the WHO).
Depending on the frequency of occurrence, there are very frequent (> = 10%), frequent (> = 1% and <10%), rare (> = 0.1% and <1%) and very rare side effects of Levitra (> = 0, 01% and <0.1%).
Possible Side Effects
Infectious and parasitic diseases:
- Rare: conjunctivitis.
Violations of the immune system:
- Rare: allergic swelling and angioedema;
- Very rare: allergic reactions.
Disorders of the nervous system:
- Very often: a headache;
- Often: dizziness;
- Rare: a violation of the sensitivity, drowsiness, sleep disturbances;
- Very rare: syncope, amnesia, seizures.
Violations of the organ of vision:
- Rare: blurred vision, redness of the conjunctiva of the eyeball, disorders of color vision, pain in the eyeballs, and discomfort in the eyes, photophobia;
- Very rare: increased intraocular pressure.
Violations of the organ of hearing and labyrinth disorders:
- Rare: ringing in the ears, vertigo.
Violations of the heart:
- Rare: palpitation, tachycardia;
- Very rare: stenocardia, myocardial infarction, ventricular tachyarrhythmias.
Violations of the vessels:
- Frequent: vasodilatation;
- Rare: hypotension.
Disorders of the respiratory system, organs, thoracic and mediastinal disorders:
- Frequent: nasal congestion;
- Rare: shortness of breath, nasal sinuses.
Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Frequent: indigestion;
- Rare: nausea, abdominal pain, dry mouth, diarrhea, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, vomiting.
Disorders of the liver and biliary tract:
- Rare: increase in transaminases.
Disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders:
- Rare: erythema, rash.
Violations of the musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders:
- Rare: back pain, increased levels of creatine phosphokinase (CPK), increased muscle tone and spasms, myalgia.
Violations of the genital organs and the breast:
- Rare: prolonged erections;
- Very rare: priapism.
General health disorders:
- Rare: feeling sick;
- Very rare: pain in the chest.
Unique Side Effects of Levitra
Reported cases of myocardial infarction associated with the time of Levitra intake and sexual activity, but it’s not established whether this condition is directly connected with the use of this drug or concomitant diseases, or a combination of these factors.
Reported cases of anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, leading to impaired vision (including permanent loss of vision), associated with taking PDE5 inhibitors, including Levitra. But some patients had risk factors for this condition, such as an anatomical defect of the optic nerve, age over 50, diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, hyperlipidemia, and smoking. It’s not confirmed whether these conditions were provoked by using PDE5 inhibitors or were associated with cardiovascular risk factors and anatomical defects, or a combination of these factors, or other causes.
Reported cases of visual disturbances, including temporary or permanent loss of vision, which are linked to the time of taking PDE-5 inhibitors, including Levitra. It’s not determined whether these cases directly link to the intake of PDE5 inhibitors or concomitant cardiovascular risk factors or other causes.
We noted a few cases of sudden deafness or hearing loss when using drugs from the group of PDE5 inhibitors, including Levitra. But it’s not established whether these cases directly linked to the intake of the drug, were associated with risk factors for hearing loss, or were a combination of these factors or other factors.