Levitra: Dosage and Instructions for Use
My Canadian Pharmacy offers 5 available dosages of Levitra online: 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 100 mg.
- The medication is taken orally, regardless of meals.
- The initial recommended dose is 10 mg (taken approximately 25-60 minutes before the expected sexual intercourse). However, it was proved that the preparation is effective even when taken 4-5 hours before sexual activity.
- The maximum frequency of the drug administration is 1 time per day.
- Depending on the efficiency and tolerability, the normal dosage may be increased or decreased to 5 mg / day.
- The maximum recommended dose is 20 mg 1 time per day. In order to ensure an adequate response to the drug, man requires sexual stimulation.
Elderly patients (over the age of 65):
Dose adjustment for elderly patients is not required.
Children (under the age of 18):
Levitra is not indicated for patients of this age group.
Liver function violation:
Patients with minor hepatic impairment changes require a dosage adjustment. Patients with moderate impairment (stage B) of the liver are recommended to start with the initial dose of 5 mg/day. Further, depending on the efficiency and tolerability of the treatment, the dose can be increased to the maximum dose for this group of patients – 10 mg.
Impaired renal function:
Dose adjustment is required in patients with small (Cl creatinine> 50-80 ml / min), moderate (Cl creatinine> 30-50 ml / min) and severe (Cl creatinine Patients taking CYP3A4 inhibitors: You may require a dose adjustment, if you are taking specific inhibitors of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 with moderate or strong action, such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, ritonavir, and indinavir.
In a joint application of Levitra with CYP3A4 inhibitors ketoconazole or itraconazole, their dose should not exceed 200 mg per day. If the dose of ketoconazole or itraconazole exceeds 200 mg per day, the ED drug should not be used.
In a joint application with inhibitors of CYP3A4, erythromycin or clarithromycin, the dose of Levitra should not exceed 5 mg per day – otherwise man may experience side effects.
This drug is cotraindicated to men taking HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir.
Patients taking alpha-blockers:
Due to the vasodilating effect of alpha-blockers and vardenafil, the co-administration of these tablets may cause symptomatic hypotension in some patients. Joint administration can be started only if the patient has a stable condition in the treatment with alpha-blockers.
Levitra may be taken at any time with tamsulosin or alfuzosin. In the case of a joint appliance of this ED drug with terazosin and other alpha-blockers, man should observe the necessary interval between the doses of vardenafil and alpha-blockers.
Patients who are already taking the optimal dose, should start the treatment with the lowest dose of alpha-blockers. The gradual increase in the dose of alpha-blocker may be followed by a subsequent decrease of blood pressure in patients taking PDE5 inhibitors, including Levitra from My Canadian Pharmacy.
A reserch of healthy volunteers tested Vardenafil single doses in the amount of 120 mg per day. Single doses of 80 mg and multiple doses up to 40 mg taken once daily within 4 weeks were well tolerated, no serious adverse reactions were observed.
However, Levitra 40 mg 2 times a day provoked pain in the muscular and nervous systems.
In case of overdose, man requires a standard maintenance therapy. Vardenafil is highly bound to plasma proteins, only a small amount of the drug is excreted through the kidneys, so, dialysis efficiency is unlikely.
How to take Levitra?
- The pills should be taken in accordance with the prescriprion of the doctor. Follow all instructions given in the enclosed instructions. Do not take the medication in larger or smaller amounts or for longer period than it’s recommended.
- Levitra can be taken with foods or without them.
- The drug is usually taken as approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity. It can help achieve an erection on condition of sexual stimulation. An erection will not occur just after taking the pill. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Do not take the drug more than once a day.
- You require 24-hours break between the drug intake. Contact your doctor or seek emergency medical help if your erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours. Prolonged erection (priapism) is dangerous and can damage the penis.
- Store the medication at the room temperature away from moisture and direct sunlight.
What happens if I exceed a dose?
Seek emergency medical help. Tell the operator about taking the exceesive dose of Vardenafil. Follow the instructions.
What should I avoid while taking Levitra?
- Alcohol may intensify some side effects so Levitra and alcohol is not the best combination;
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with this ED preparation and lead to potentially dangerous effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit products with your doctor;
- Do not use any other drug for erectile dysfunction treatment without talking to your doctor.
Can I take this drug if I do not have erectile dysfunction?
Levitra can be used when necessary. If you feel unsure before the expencted intimacy, the medicine can help achieve the desired erection.