Assortment Renewal: Nitroglycerin is Now Available at My Canadian Pharmacy!
My Canadian Pharmacy is glad to announce assortment renewal with Nitroglycerin, which is considered one of the most effective medications for stenocardia, which has been successfully used for many decades, and doctors all over the world continue to prescribe the medicine to a wide range of patients with coronary heart disease.
The drug has a very fast effect, so it is indispensable in the case of sudden heart attacks. It expands the vessels, including coronary vessels, and eliminates pain.
The drug has the following useful properties:
- Dilates blood vessels (cardiac, coronary, arteries of the brain);
- Relax the smooth musculature of the stomach and intestines;
- Relaxes the smooth muscles of the biliary tract and other organs;
- Reduces the venous return of blood to the heart;
- Redistributes the blood flow in the myocardium;
- Reduces the infarction of foci of ischemic lesions;
- Improves the contractile function of the heart muscle;
- Improves metabolism in the myocardium;
- Reduces the need for myocardium in oxygen.
Possessing spasmolytic properties, nitroglycerin has a central inhibitory effect on the sympathetic tone of the vessels, inhibiting the component of the pain syndrome.
What is nitroglycerin used for?
Nitroglycerin is used very widely. Almost every elderly patient suffering from periodic pain in the heart has tablets or a spray of this drug, which can be taken as soon as he feels an attack. The main reason for using nitroglycerin is ischemic heart disease. The drug is used for:
- Paroxysms of stenocardia (pain in the heart) and for their prevention;
- Restoration in the post-infarction period.
Intravenous injection of nitroglycerin is necessary in the case of:
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Angina pectoris, resistant to other types of treatment;
- Postinfarction and unstable stenocardia;
- Acute left ventricular failure with pulmonary edema;
- Controlled hypotension, which is established in surgical interventions to reduce the volume of blood loss;
- Thrombosis of the central artery of the retina.
Contraindications for nitroglycerin
- Individual intolerance of nitroglycerin;
- Simultaneous administration of phosphodiesterase inhibitors (Sildenafil);
- Severe hypotension;
- Intolerance to lactose, galactose, caused by hereditary causes;
- Hemotemponada of the heart;
- Adhesive pericarditis.
Nitroglycerin should be taken with caution:
- Cerebral hemorrhages, increased intracranial and intraocular pressure;
- Congestive heart failure, when the pressure in the left ventricle is very low;
- Hyperfunction of the thyroid gland;
- Pathologies of the liver and kidneys;
- Valvular heart disease;
- Propensity to hypotension.
Peculiarities of nitroglycerin administration
Nitroglycerin can be administered intravenously or in the form of tablets, sprays, patches. For intravenous administration, a solution of the drug is used. Nitroglycerin should be taken as soon as pain occurs, or even for prophylaxis, if the patient has to exercise physically or perform actions that provoke pain in the heart.
You can order Nitroglycerin at an attractive price at mycanadianpharmacystore.com for $0.72 only (using My Canadian Pharmacy Coupon Code, you can save even more).
* My Canadian Pharmacy reminds you that doctor’s consultation is necessary before using the drug.