Starting from:$ 17.95
- Regular Airmail
- Express Courier
Ventolin Application:Bronchospasm, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, COPD
Ventolin Generic names:Albuterol, Salbutamol, Ventorlin, Asthalin, Proventil, ProAir, Salamol, Aerolin, ventolin expectorant
Ventolin Price List:
- Ventolin 100mcg inhalers :2 inhalers / 100mcg$51.90$25.95 per item
- 3 inhalers / 100mcg$70.50$23.50 per item
- 4 inhalers / 100mcg$86.00$21.50 per item
- 5 inhalers / 100mcg$99.75$19.95 per item
- 6 inhalers / 100mcg$113.70$18.95 per item
- 8 inhalers / 100mcg$143.60$17.95 per item
- What is Ventolin?
- Generics of Ventolin
- Ventolin Dosage
- Ventolin Side Effects
- Ventolin Contraindications
- Ventolin Interactions with Other Drugs
- Ventolin Interaction with Alcohol
- Ventolin during Pregnancy
- Ventolin in case of Exercise-Induced Asthma
What is Ventolin?
Ventolin inhaler – medication for asthma attacks elimination and other reversible bronchial obstruction diseases. The main Canadian Pharmacy Ventolin active ingredient: salbutamol.
Ventolin inhaler affects on beta 2-adrenergic receptors and thereby causes bronchiectasis in case of bronchospasm. Ventolin has insignificant influence on the beta1-adrenergic receptors.
Ventolin inhaler antiallergic action is to prevent histamine other mediators (slow reacting substance) release from mast cells. 10-20% of Ventolin dose is absorbed into blood flow, which enters liver and is converted into simple compounds which are excreted by kidneys. Rest of Ventolin administered dose enters digestive system, and also absorbed from intestine into blood.
Valid Ventolin inhalation solution begins on the 5th minute. Ventolin effect lasts 4 – 6 hours. Interesting details about What Ventolin Inhaler is…
Generics of Ventolin
Ventolin generics names are diverse. Common names for Ventolin are:
- Ventolin Expectorant.
All of these drugs have no different from original when comparing Brand vs Generic. There is only slight difference in additional components. All Ventolin generics have undergone all clinical trials and met quality standards. More about Ventolin inhaler generics.
Ventolin inhaler is prescribed for adults to eliminate asthma and bronchospasm attack in dosage of 100-200 mcg once.
For prophylactic treatment, Ventolin daily dose – 200 mg 3-4 times; before exercise or contact with allergen – 200 g 15 min before exposure to factor.
Children to stop asthma attack are recommended Ventolin:
- 1-2 mg for children aging 2 and 6 years old;
- Ventolin 2 mg for children aging 6 to 12 years;
- 2-4 mg at the age of 12 years.
- Ventolin prevention dosage – 100-200 mg three times a day.
- Do not use Ventolin inhaler online more than 4 times a day.
For elderly, dose is 2 mg three times a day. Ventolin online Canada for inhalation: For adults, dose is 2.5 mg (up to 5 mg), nebulizer use – up to 4 times per day. For children dose of 2.5 mg, is applied up to 4 times a day.
Ventolin overdose symptoms are:
- peripheral vascular disease expansion;
- nausea and vomiting;
- ventricular flutter;
- lowering blood pressure indicators;
- muscle tremors;
- successive hypoglycemia hyperglycemia.
Treatment involves Ventolin withdrawal, patient is prescribed cardioselective β-blockers and symptomatic therapy.
If there is suspicion of salbutamol overdose (main Ventolin component), it is necessary to keep under constant control serum potassium concentration. Read more about Ventolin dosage and administration in details.
Ventolin Side Effects
Ventolin inhaler instructions contain the following side effects:
- light hand tremor;
- excitement and hyperactivity in children;
- vasodilation and heart rate increase;
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- paradoxical bronchospasm;
- allergic reactions (hypotension, angioneurotic edema, bronchospasm).
Ventolin is contraindicated in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to Ventolin components;
- pregnancy, which occurs with complications.
Apply Ventolin inhaler with caution during pregnancy and breast-feeding, because there is no data about its safety for infants. Read more about Ventolin contraindications.
Ventolin Interactions with Other Drugs
When using Ventolin in combination with non-cardioselective β-blockers it is possible to achieve mutual inhibition of therapeutic effects. Ventolin combination with theophylline may increase arrhythmia and tachycardia risk (particularly supraventricular extrasystole).
In combination with diuretics, glucocorticosteroid drugs and xanthine derivatives increases hypokalemia risk. All the details about Ventolin Inhaler interactions with other drugs.
Ventolin Interaction with Alcohol
Ventolin inhalers and alcohol simultaneous consumption may provoke the following side effects:
- adrenoceptive effects may be intensified due to release of adrenaline from adrenal medulla;
- increased urination, provoked by alcohol, can reduce Ventolin effect.
Ventolin during Pregnancy
Ventolin inhaler is prescribed during pregnancy and lactation only in cases when expected benefit of therapy to mother outweighs potential risk to fetus or infant.
During post-marketing surveillance rare cases of various congenital malformations in children, including formation of “cleft palate” and limb malformations were revealed, while taking Ventolin during pregnancy. In some of these cases, women are taking multiple concomitant medications during pregnancy. The causal relationship to drug intake has not been established.
Salbutamol (Ventolin inhaler) may penetrate into breast milk. The finding, whether salbutamol has harmful effect on the newborn when breast-feeding, is not established. More details about Ventolin during Pregnancy…
Ventolin in case of Exercise-Induced Asthma
In case of exercise-induced asthma, Ventolin inhaler use can help relieve attack. Exercise-induced asthma occurs as consequence of body overloading during physical workout.The use Ventolin is reasonable, since this short-term medication (Ventolin) has a direct effect asthma attack arrest. The sooner you apply Ventolin inhaler, the sooner you will feel better.
My Canadian Pharmacy recommends you to read more about exercise-induced asthma to determine exact what you need to prevent or overcome asthma attack during physical loading.