Levitra: Additional Information
Read additional information about Levitra (vardenafil) which is necessary for the correct use of the drug.
You should not use this drug if you are allergic to Vardenafil.
Do not take this drug if you are currently using medication based on nitrates to treat chest pain or heart problems. These drugs include nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, and isosorbide mononitrate. Nitrates are also found in some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or amyl nitrite ( “poppers”). The combination of vardenafil with drugs containing nitrates in their composition can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure, which can lead to fainting, stroke or even heart attack.
You need emergency medical help if your erection is painful or lasts more than 4 hours. Prolonged erection, or priapism, can damage your penis.
Discontinue using the medication and contact your doctor if you have sudden eyesight loss or hearing loss.
- Before taking this drug for erectile dysfunction treatment, the physician should evaluate the state of the cardiovascular system, as there is a risk of developing heart complications during sexual activity. Vardenafil has vasodilator properties, which may be accompanied by a minor or moderate decrease in blood pressure. Patients with obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle, eg, aortic stenosis, idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, can be sensitive to the action of vasodilators, including PDE5 inhibitors;
- Men who are contradicted sexual activity due to the concomitant cardiovascular disease, should NOT take drugs for erectile dysfunction treatment including Levitra;
- When used in 10 mg or 80 mg doses, the interval QT is marked as prolonged. The simultaneous use of Vardenafil with other drugs, providing a similar effect on the QT interval, resulting in a summation of the effects on the QT interval duration if compared with the separate intake of these drugs. Patients who had the prolonged QT interval in the past or patients who are taking drugs prolonging the QT interval should take this into account before using Levitra. In this regard, the drug prescription to patients with congenital prolongation of the QT interval and patients taking anti-arrhythmic drugs class IA (quinidine, procainamide) or class III (amiodarone, sotalol) should be avoided.
- The safety and efficiency of vardenafil in combination with other drugs for erectile dysfunction treatment has not been studied, so their combined use is not recommended.
- Safety of this drug has not been studied in patients with moderate hepatic impairment (stage B by Child-Pugh), therefore, these patients are not recommended to use Levitra from Canada.
- There have been reported cases of transient visual loss and ischemic optic neuropathy occurred after taking vardenafil and other PDE5 inhibitors.
- Combined therapy with alpha-blockers and vardenafil may cause the development of arterial hypotension because these drugs have vasodilating effects. The combined use of the ED drug and alpha-blockers is allowed only in patients with the stable rate of blood pressure, but vardenafil should be administered in the minimum recommended dose 5 mg. Patients treated with alpha-blockers should not take the starting dose of 10 mg. The drug should not be combined with alpha-blockers if possible. In case of necessity, observe the interval between doses of Levitra and alpha-blockers and the therapy with alpha-blockers should be started with the lowest dose.
Additional Safety Information
- Toxic (including reproductive toxicity), genotoxic and carcinogenic Levitra effects are not determined.
- Effects on ability to drive or to perform work requiring a higher rate of physical and mental reactions are not defined. Before driving vehicles and operating mechanisms, patients should know how they react to vardenafil.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding period: The drug is not indicated for women, infants, and children.
- The shelf life of the drug makes 2 years;
- Store the drug away from the direct sunlight and moisture;
- The maximum temperature at which the tablets can be stored is 25 degrees;
- The manufacturer recommends to keep the drug in sealed original packaging out of reach of children;
- If your child took at least one pill of Levitra by accident, wash his stomach with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
If you want to buy Levitra to improve male potency, check out the offer in our online pharmacy. You will be pleasantly surprised by reasonable prices and excellent service! My Canadian Pharmacy is the best place to buy ED drugs online.